• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1...Really there is NO One Piece Wheel Replacement...HUBS?

rbweber

There has to be a way to change these split wheels out without replacing the axle. Anyone Know of a Cheaper FIx. The custom wheels seem a little steep!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its easier to just buy a later M101A2. You get standard tubless, 8 hole wheels w/load range E tires, Plus a bullet proof surge brake system. Sell the A1, or keep it to go with a M37.

Whitey

Honestly, if you didn't want that wheel setup then you bought the wrong model 101. I would like to see some dollar figure quotes on what a trailer shop would charge for the axle/hub job. I don't see how it could be cheaper than getting an A2 from the start. Best of luck.

rbweber

Yeah it really is starting to appear that way. A2 looks like the way. Might just pick up a junked A1 for cheap and take the axle for parts for the future...plus the wheels and tires and anything else I can strip just cause My A1 has minimal rust and is in overall great shape. I was told the 16 X 9 tubes are pretty easy to buy...does anyone know if this is true and what would be the average cost??

rbweber

True you guys are all correct the axle shops want to much for what its ....for the A2 is the way to go thanks again for the input and responses

rbweber

Any chance those wheels have a stamped serial number or name I could try to track?? Some old motor pool guy must know who made those cause they are obviously a retro fit???

koolex11

I struggled with that problem when I bought my A1. Who would have expected such difficulty? I don't know of anyone who has found a replacement wheel that isn't a Budd split ring. It's a pain I know. Live and learn. Sell it on Craigs and get an A2, or switch the axle and sell off the old parts to try and recover some of the money, or love it for what it is and see how long it lasts. I love mine, but I still bought an A2 because of those wheels. I'm much happier with the A2!