• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 body material?

rfischba1

Do the newer style M101A2 trailers have a galvanized body? I just pu a couple from GL, they were painted but its pealing off and the metal does not look like steel. maybe galvanized?

Nonotagain

Do the newer style M101A2 trailers have a galvanized body? I just pu a couple from GL, they were painted but its pealing off and the metal does not look like steel. maybe galvanized?
The body panels are coated with zinc if manufactured by Pribbs. Ford Motor Company had the same issues with their cars back in the 80's.

The problem is an incompatibility of the zinc coating and the crappy Mil-Prf-53022 or Mil-Prf-53030 primer.

My M101A3 made by Pribbs has the same problem.

I haven't been motivated enough to sand off the remains and recoat using a good chromated primer, but its on the "To Do" list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks