• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Box

WIH3

Is it possible to find just a box off A M101 then I could make a lighter weight frame for it. My research has lead me to believe the H3 is a little under-power for a M101.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not so sure that you can lighten the frame up very much. That box is the heavier part. The trlr weighs around 1340#.

WIH3

The 1340 is what worries me. I borrowed a 1500lb trailer this last weekend 6x10 and towed it back and foth to St.Paul, MN , all I had in it was a wash machine and dryer. Back was better empty . Going there it felt like I was pulling a house. Maybe it was because the trailer was wider than the truck. I used to pull a 27' Airstream with a Dakota quadcab really did a great job. Same HP trucks.

deucebigalo

The H3 is not underpowered for this trailer, I have an H3 and use it to tow my M101's all the time. I even use a GMC envoy which is a lil bit smaller. Both vehicles tow these trailers like nothing is back there. I say leave it alone dont waste your time, you have no worries. I just loaded 1k #s of gravel this past Thursday on my way home from a recovery in Mechanicsburg PA. didnt even feel the extra weight.

Some pics of the 330 mile round trip!

Attachments

WIH3

Are these Gl auction a real pain to deal with , about how long of a process is it. there are a a few nice looking trailers in the midwest on there. Unless one of you have one for sale I could recondition. Lots of really good Knowlege out here thanks guys.

deucebigalo

Are these Gl auction a real pain to deal with , about how long of a process is it. there are a a few nice looking trailers in the midwest on there. Unless one of you have one for sale I could recondition. Lots of really good Knowlege out here thanks guys.

I have one for sale im out here in NJ but I know you can get it delivered sold a few and shipped them all over the country, give me a call 732-266-1070

GL can be a pain, but I think its not as bad if you have nothing to hide from uncle sam and his croney's...I had both bad and good experiences but more good than bad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks