• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 part sources wanted

machinist1

Hello,
New to SS and have enjoyed checking out the site.
I recently won a M101a2 at the OKC GL auction and like most things surplused it needs a few parts. Seem the shock absorbers got wiped out by a forklift? at some time and the trailers plug in connector harness for the tow vehicle is gone. Anyone out there have a suggestion as to a source for these parts other than ebay?

Thanks,
machinist1

'85 HMMWV
M101a2

machinist1

I' ll give saturn surplus a call, I had checked their website and don't recall seeing shocks listed. Thanks for the link to the Canadian outfit.
The guy that bought the M101 a2 trailer that was parked right next to mine at the GL auction, OKC, will be looking for shocks as well. Looks to me the same forklift got both his shocks as well. ALTHOUGH, Steve J. the GL operator that assisted me in loading out Monday is obviously not the forklift operator in question as he did a great job! Thanks, Steve.
My trailer is in only average condition and really needs restored in my opinion, if I can find the shocks and trailer plug-in harness it will be usable as is for now....

Thanks for the info!

moose53

I' ll give saturn surplus a call, I had checked their website and don't recall seeing shocks listed. Thanks for the link to the Canadian outfit.
The guy that bought the M101 a2 trailer that was parked right next to mine at the GL auction, OKC, will be looking for shocks as well. Looks to me the same forklift got both his shocks as well. ALTHOUGH, Steve J. the GL operator that assisted me in loading out Monday is obviously not the forklift operator in question as he did a great job! Thanks, Steve.
My trailer is in only average condition and really needs restored in my opinion, if I can find the shocks and trailer plug-in harness it will be usable as is for now....

Thanks for the info!
no problem, saturn has most of the electrical stuff, lights, cables, connectors etc. Niagara has the mechanical stuff, axles, shocks, tailgates, side racks, bows etc. good luck with your project, I'm looking forward to picking mine up soon too.

Jim

machinist1

Guys, I did find a set of new shocks for my M116a2/101a2 trailer at Saturn Surplus. The shocks were not listed on their web, sight so I gave them a quick call and they did have a set. Should be receiving them the first of the week..I think the A3 series of trailers use a heavier frame, and may take a different shock... can't say for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks