• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 parts

Sephirothq

I am looking for a source for 8 wheel studs and nuts. I got a trailer that has them pretty well destroyed.

Does anyone know a source for them?
thanks

Nonotagain

No need for a press, just give it a smack with a BFH and drive it out.

As for the installation, a press or a stack of washers will do fine for the installation. Just apply a small amount of grease on the knurled surface, stack some washers then install the lug nut and tighten til the stud pulls up level with the flange.

Sephirothq

I took a stud to a few differnet shops with no success. They are made differently then the regular type automotive studs. The collar part is smaller then most and they have a recessed head.

Has anyone gotten replacement studs for the A2 trailers in the past?

If so was it from a local tire shop?

Ratch

I think I ran into you last week at Chambersburg... I'm the guy that was in the black truck across from you.

How about a whole new axle and 5/6-lug wheel conversion? I've seen 3500lb axles at tractor supply for not all that much.

Make sure you check the spindle/bearing grease, they probably cooked it torching off that wheel.

Sephirothq

I tore down the axle and the bearings are still in great condition. If i replace the axle i would lose the parking brakes which are great to have. I would prefer to retrofit one of my a1s first.

I was hoping to find a source for the lugs and also a dust cap.

Ressoldier

If i replace the axle i would lose the parking brakes which are great to have. I would prefer to retrofit one of my a1s first.

You can get a Dexter 3500# with 10 x 2.5 brakes with cable parking brake option. I was quoted $350 with parking brakes and $280 without. You do not have to loose the hand brakes.

For the other parts you can go to trailer supply place and get them. One of the many requirements for Military equipment is a readily available parts supply. This means they end up using common already in production bearings, hubs, etc. Sorry I don't have part numbers for you, but hopefully if you take your sample down they can match up for you.

Last edited: