• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Surge Brake Help

CaryHenry

I just picked up my first M101A2 on Monday. When I checked the master cylinder at GL, it was bone dry. As I didn't have access to the TM at the time, I was unaware of the brake fluid spec. I stopped on the road and picked up a quart of DOT 3/4 brake fluid to top things off. After reviewing the TM when I got home I realized that I should have filled it with DOT 5 fluid. Now I am worried I am going to destroy my braking system. What should I do? Should I bleed about a pint of DOT 3/4 through the system and run with that stuff, or should I buy a quart of DOT 5 and bleed all of it through the system to remove the DOT 3/4 fluid. I know the two fluids are not compatible, and that I must remove all of one or the other to prevent gumming of the fluid. What I want to know is if using the DOT 3/4 fluid will damage the braking components. Thanks for the help!