• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 or A2 Stakes

WIH3

I am looking for a favor. Can somebody measure the post openings for me where the stakes go. I don't pick up my box till Tuesday and may have run across some material to make my own. Thanks alot guys.

WIH3

I guess I don't have to worry about making any stakes. There were some last night on ebay, won those puppies. Now I just have to manufacture some bows.

WIH3

They will fit the bill. I plan on getting them powder coated black and the bows may be wood (oak or Hickory) or matching powdercoat tube. Have'nt decided yet. The stake sides will be wood with clear poly. I can't wait to get the rest of the stuff ordered this week, axle, tires, the wheels are in tomorrow. Metal for the frame Wednesday. I will be putting pics up as we go. Here is anothe delema. Spring axle or torsion bar.?

Eric's hifim37

To bad your not closer to Calif. I know where a boatload of M101 NOS side racks & bows are here close to me, I just picked up a full set with excellent paint still on the wood. I had to take down a 10 foot high stack of them to get the best ones.

Eric..

WIH3

Well I got the stakes now. I would pay for bows just cut the ends off and I'll pay for shipping. I 'am sure they need new wood anyway. I really only need the corners.

Nick

To bad your not closer to Calif. I know where a boatload of M101 NOS side racks & bows are here close to me, I just picked up a full set with excellent paint still on the wood. I had to take down a 10 foot high stack of them to get the best ones.

Eric..

Jeeze, I been lookin for em for the last six months, where were they then? Got what I need now. Where are they??

Nick

Last edited:

WIH3

If I can't find any in the next couple of weeks I think I 'am going to make some bows out og conduit and have the podwer coated.

Last edited:

Eric's hifim37

Hi Nick,

I can totally relate, that is the breaks with this hobby. You get where you need something and pay out the butt or drive some crazy distance then find your neighbor had one in his junk pile for free. I know this it happens to me all the time. Living in Barstow ( military rebuild depot town ) almost every old timer has some military gem sitting in his yard so I have to look locally first or I feel like you, crud I just had some guy tell me to get this military thing out of his yard and it was a rare M3a4 handcart ! you just never know

Eric..

Nick

Nice, I live in Visalia, just above Bakersfield, so not too far from ya. In fact, I do federal excess screening for the fire department I work for, so I keep an eye out for that stuff. But I havent been out there in a few years. Guess I need ta get out there.

Thanks
Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks