• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 tires

speedie789

I recently bought a m101a3 trailer and the previous owner had installed smaller tires but included the original ones. I’ve decided I want to use the original 36x12.5x16.5 tires and wheels, but the tires are definitely showing their age with cracking in the sidewalls. I’m currently searching for new tires and would also like a 3rd for a spare. I’ve seen some BFG 37x12.5x16.5 in good shape, will I have any issues using these tires on the original rims? Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes or try Feltz tire. Tell them you want 37s factory mounted on combat rims ready to go. Save yourself huge headaches dealing with run flats and hidden punctures.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wes or try Feltz tire. Tell them you want 37s factory mounted on combat rims ready to go. Save yourself huge headaches dealing with run flats and hidden punctures.
AND a lot less labor if they are already mounted!

Dang I miss our tire guy (from many years ago). He would pull up in his tire truck, roll out 10 tire/wheel sets, knock them down, slip in new tubes and tires, then lean then against the building. The most I ever saw him do in a day was 4 sets (40 tires) and he was gone by noon. Having the real skills is hard to beat! It took them almost as much time to deliver the tires as it did for him to mount them all :cool:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AND a lot less labor if they are already mounted!

Dang I miss our tire guy (from many years ago). He would pull up in his tire truck, roll out 10 tire/wheel sets, knock them down, slip in new tubes and tires, then lean then against the building. The most I ever saw him do in a day was 4 sets (40 tires) and he was gone by noon. Having the real skills is hard to beat! It took them almost as much time to deliver the tires as it did for him to mount them all :cool:
Speaking of tire guys, a good friend in PA (on this list, but I'll let him announce himself if he wants to) had a tire guy who was in his late 60s. He would drive down from PA to MD and work on my tires. I only called him if I had a large job, like swapping six wheels/tires from one truck to another. Often, the jobs also involved replacing O-rings. His prices were cheap. He once swapped six wheels/tires from one truck to another AND replaced a couple of O-rings for like $250...and that covered the trip down to MD! Of course, I tipped him because I could not cheat the guy. I am not kidding on the price. CUCVFAN can attest to the price as the trucks were at his place (closer to the guy who was coming from PA). Unfortunately, he is now out of the business due to heart troubles. Thankfully, he is alive, but he is no longer working.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Speaking of tire guys, a good friend in PA (on this list, but I'll let him announce himself if he wants to) had a tire guy who was in his late 60s. He would drive down from PA to MD and work on my tires. I only called him if I had a large job, like swapping six wheels/tires from one truck to another. Often, the jobs also involved replacing O-rings. His prices were cheap. He once swapped six wheels/tires from one truck to another AND replaced a couple of O-rings for like $250...and that covered the trip down to MD! Of course, I tipped him because I could not cheat the guy. I am not kidding on the price. CUCVFAN can attest to the price as the trucks were at his place (closer to the guy who was coming from PA). Unfortunately, he is now out of the business due to heart troubles. Thankfully, he is alive, but he is no longer working.
Wow - and YES dang that is reasonable!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks