• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 trailer woes

dogtags

Out today to change the broken left shock absorber on one of my M101A3s (thank you Mr. anonymous GL guy) when I ran into a little problem....

The bolt/stud that holds the shock absorber on sheared off. Now I have to figure out how to get a new stud on there. Anyone have any ideas.

From what I can see, things are all welded up to the axle so one cannot just swap out a new stud or bracket or what have you.

I am also looking for the part number for a new shock absorber. I tried going onto Monroe's website and looking up the two numbers on the shock but nothing came back.

~Robert

Attachments

Westech

CPL
I have done that many times on the S10's and trailers. The ez thing to do it grind it flat... Center punch it and drill and tap it for a bolt. It does not have to be a large bolt at all.. its only holding the shock so it does not slide off.. you can use a 5/16 or 3/8 and a washer no problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks