• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101CDN2 Resto: Need Source 4 Wiring Harness

Crapgame

I'm restoring a 1/4t M101CDN2 Trailer, was sold some bits and pieces, but turns out I'm in need of others.

I need to find a 1/4t Trailer Wiring Harness Section that the front Plug Assy attaches to underneath, and which plugs into the taillights.

The NSN should be the same for the M416, M100 1/4ton Trailers.

So, this trailer will need some work. Both fenders need to be replaced, NOS parts were supplied with the buy.

I bought a used, exc camo tarp and taillights from the seller.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you need a body harness. You can also use a body harness from a M105 or later M101 series trailer. They are a bit longer, but electically the same.

Crapgame

Looks like the Plug Assy I got is unserviceable, plug dry-rotted, one pin pushed in, no way to get a refund either. Scheissters.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not all the pins in the plug are used. You might get lucky and it be an unused pin.... Also, the pigtails are all the same electrically between the M416, M101 and M105 and M1101 trailers. Only difference in them is the length by a foot or 2.

Crapgame

I also saw on eBay, the M100s have metal connectors and the M416 have the male/female rubber connectors. I ass-u-me, I need the later rubber type, thse trailers were built in 1984-86, I think, especially for the Iltis.

Well, i'm hoping to get the body wiring harness, get her useable, then replace the Plug/Pigtail assy for a NOS or used, exc+ unit. Not going thru all the back-busting work then install junk.

Crapgame

Is this waht you need? If so, and your interested, 20 bucks plus shipping. I bought it for my US M101, but decided to make my own harness outta 5 or 6 wire trailer loom from the local semi truck supplier.
Nick,
This would be for the larger 3/4t trailer, so about 18" longer than the 1/4t harness? Are those metal connectors or the rubbers?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what you need for the body harness, with the rubber connectors. Ebay Item number:330408418961

The seller is a good guy, I have bought some stuff from him.

Nick

Nick,
This would be for the larger 3/4t trailer, so about 18" longer than the 1/4t harness? Are those metal connectors or the rubbers?

Yes its for the 3/4 ton US model 101, so I guess it would be a little longer. The connectors are the ferrule style, male female plugs inside rubber housings. According to what emmado22 showed, its the same kind of connectors.

Nick

Crapgame

Nick,
I think I would like to install the proper M100/M416 harness. But I appreciate the thought. I prefer to do things right the first time. The dry-rotted pigtail can't be shipped back and doubt I'd ever get a replacement, so I have to make do with that part for now.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crapgame,

Perhaps you missed my post. Ebay auction # 330408418961 is the correct harness for what you need. M416 with rubber connectors.

Pawnshop

Crapgame,

Perhaps you missed my post. Ebay auction # 330408418961 is the correct harness for what you need. M416 with rubber connectors.
YES, that is the one you need, I got mine from the same seller. He also has the intervehicular cable you need, send him an email. I installed the set I got from him just last week, his stuff is truly NOS. One bit of advice, install the wiring harness from the rear, going in from the front seems like the right way, but it's not (ask me how I know). He also has NOS shock absorbers too.

I sure like those Canadians...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks