• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Front fenders

Dave 52804

Here's a question for you guys. I have a chance to buy a pretty decent M1028. The only thing I don't like about the truck is that the front fenders are rusted through. He has a M1009 on site that he is parting out. Will the fenders from the 09 fit the 28? Any other thoughts on fender replacement/repair for a newb? Thanks for the help.

rlwm211

You can purchase new fenders for about $100 a piece aftermarket and they are pretty accurate and good quality. A couple of the bolts are a pain to get to, but not impossible.

Just my two cents

RL

rlwm211

I replaced one on my Suburban (exactly the same as a cucv) and had a local body shop order it for me. I paid $100 tax and shipping included. I am pretty sure these are too big to go UPS or FEDEX. I may be wrong, but hey, that has happened before and will undoubtedly happen again.
In any event, if you can get a fender(s) be sure to paint the hidden surfaces really well because once it is installed, you will not be able to get at that part of the truck again. The same goes for the inner fenders; which also can be replaced inexpensively.

Best of luck

RL