• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 glow plug issue

The Ginch

Hi guys never knew about this site. Anyways i am on my second military rig well actaully second ex military then fire dept brush truck. Got to love FD wiring messes.

heres my issue. with key off the GPR has power to the top terminal only. With the key on in run i have power to all the terminals except the glow plug large bottom lug. If i ground one of the two smaller lugs on the GPR the relay clicks and the plugs work as they should. is this an indication of a bad controller card?? getting tiring haveing to pop the hood every time i need the truck.

Would the push button mod work here? seems most push button mods i have seen add 12v to the relay.

i searched but must be missing this. thanks for the input.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The controller switches ground to the light blue wire, to activate the relay.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, we have technical manuals with schematics and troubleshooting a and parts diagrams available for free.

We also have stickies and wikis, that explain all this as well.

And we have about 8 years of forum threads covering this also. This is a daily occurrence, so just a little browsing through a few days of cucv postings should enlighten you as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks