• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 steering knuckle

islandguydon

There is a 4 bolt connection knuckle bolted to the top of the wheel and attached to the steering box. The bolt pattern is 4 # 8 bolts 2 facing the tire and 2 facing the motor. The 2 facing the motor was gone and only 1 facing the tire was attached, the other one snapped off.

Needless to say I went to drive and the wheel turned but the truck went straight. Had to flat bed to shop for repair. According to the cameras Medina,s at fault here. This is going to be a ride to remember. BTW Medina is a gremlin.

Anyone had a steering knuckle simply fall apart..? ERIE feeling...!

Last edited:

islandguydon

Sounds like it to me. Someone forgot to fully seat the studs and or torque the nuts!
I was told the motor pool 25 years ago was full of young soldiers, enough said. Yes the king pin assembly, top 4 bolts # 8-6.25" fine thread.

I shipped the truck to the dealer and 3 hours had the problem fixed, re tap & die. + 4 new Bolts. $210.00 back to factory spec, ouch.

The lesson here is to fully check your equipment, all nuts and bolts.

Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks