• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030M1 JP8/Diesel Military Motorcycle

gumps10

Didn't know where to put this so I 'll start here.
This is the marines new motorcycle.
http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/models.htm
I was wondering if anyone had information on any other military motorcycles. I know they have been using them but these are the first JP8 ones.
They also have a civi model due out in The spring of 06, can't wait.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
that is cool, I wonder how long it wiil be before one is surplusesed and what kind of shape it will be in(pile of parts in a cardboard box)

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
These were highlighted on an episode of "Mail call". It showed the marines training on them at Camp Pendleton on the sandy beach. I think it said they have a 350 mile range, nearly twice as much as a gas model. Ive seen a cannibalized one on a pallet on GL out of Pendleton. I would love to have one, maybe I'll be trading in my WR450 next year!

gumps10

Well get out your credit cards kiddies.....as of 11-17-05 you can order one.
10% deposit on order. balance on delivery.
$18,999.00 Total
yeah Bomar I just got my news letter from HDT. Expensive sure, but it is a limited edition run of 200. For the most part it is a custom motorcycle.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
These trucks are definately rising in price on GL. I watched all the trucks in So Cal and only a few went for under 2k. With the price of those bikes, I'll just stick with Yamaha.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one on the history channel about a year ago. You say they will have a civi model. Any info on the retail$ ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks