• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Governor Control

gwag

If I'm wrong someone please correct me but I believe it takes 1800 rpm to maintain 60 hertz. I'm guessing that is actual armature rpms.
This would be a good question in the Hear Ye Hear Ye thread and help to get it back on the tech track at the same time I guarantee some one following it will know.

b4thundr

Hey I know the PTO shaft RPM I don't know the engine RPM, sounds about right though. the farm service truck we were using the wood stick between the gas pedal and the seat method, boy that worked good:roll: not! I needed to know the shaft PRM to program the new controller
Doug

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
b4thundr, you will know the generator is turning at the correct RPM when the hertz gauge indicates 60.

south101

Did you try to sensing off of the engine tach signal? Or, did you just decide to add a sensor to the pto shaft. Also, is there any fault sensing with your setup?

b4thundr

At the farm we have a tach that reads shaft rpm's on anything! if it spins and its a shaft this tach will read it works great! The controller looks at the shaft RPM not the engine RPM. And yes this controller has a fail safe if the shaft goes over a certain rpm it kills the actuator and returns it to an idle.

south101

You might want to add a reference to the engine tach as well. PTO shaft failure could result in a situation where pto rpm is within spec but engine rpm is driven up beyond a safe operating range. Else, the implementing a rev limiter might be a good idea. Perhaps a scenario might be where the pto is disengaged and the control box is activated. Not sure if this is an issue but a possibility.

b4thundr

Thought about that, there is nothing on the motor to get a signal from currently, the stock set up does not do this ether. guess the government thought the truck motors were expendable too!! LOL as long as the shaft get maintained properly there should not be any issues.

south101

Is there anyway someone could disengage the PTO with the control box still trying to correct by bringing the engine rpm up? You might reconsider and have your failsafe work based on sensed engine rpm. That's where the most damage could occur, I'm guessing. You could add your sensor to the harmonic balancer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks