• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 HMMWV tire pressure

camp9

I recently put the bias HMMWV tires on my M1031, and pulling a trailer I notice some sway. Side walls says 35psi. I know those tires arrn't rated for that truck, but wondering what you guys that have switched over what psi your running at with out wrecking the tire?

Camp

12vctd

in the hummvees its 20 psi for front and 22 psi for the rear. Bias ply tires sway alot more. They have alot softer sidewall. I would not un them over the max psi stated on the side wall. What rims are you using? reason I ask is the older h1 beadlocks wont hold over 30 psi safely. Might want to look for a set of the 37's radials if your towing

camp9

Yep, 37" radials are on the list, so until I get some I'll run these. It's not like it sways all over the place, but when your use to trucks running rock solid down the road, thought I'd pose the question and see what others were doing. Thanks all,

Camp

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I run 25psi in mine.
What rims you running?
mine are on the stock 6 7/8" wide M880 rims, a little narrow as the recommended width is like 8 1/2.
I'd say mine likes to "follow the road" due to being on narrow rims, but I have not felt sway when trailering.
6200 lbs of M886 on an 1800 lb trailer is as heavy as I've towed with them. ( and the 318 gasser was not impressive in the hills)

Certainly not an expert here, but the bias ply sidewalls are generally stiffer than radials

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks