• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 throttle governor not working.

Jim kinser

Hello all. I belong to a search and rescue team that has a M 1031 that we use as a power and light unit during ms sing person searches.
Recently we were trying to use the PTO driven Generator on the truck and noticed that the throttle governor would not Rev the motors RPMs high enough to maintain 110 volts.
We did follow the procedure to the letter as far as engaging the Generator.
This truck is equipped with a toggle switch on the dash, next to the light that indicates that the PTO is engaged, when we would flip the switch the trucks idle would increase about 200 RPM, and only dimly light some 500 watt halogen lights.
Has anyone encounter this problem before? Where the throttle governor will not increase the engine RPMs.
What can be done to fix it? And if the governor needs to be replaced, where can I find a new one for this type of truck? I am trying to keep all parts original and avoiding civilian parts.

Thank you.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please pm member "b4thundr" for an upgrade kit to fix your problem. The original system cannot be relied upon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks