• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031's on Gov Lic 11/12/12

Steven67fr

Im curious if anyone was bidding on the 1031's??!! And wondering where the truck with 17k miles ended up going?

Happy to be on the forum and no longer be lurking in the shadows.

StevenFl.

acmunro

The one at Indy closed at $6350.00. Somewhere around $7439.03 with bidders fee and tax. The one in Ohio closed at $ 7502.02. Somewhere around $8788.62 with bidders fee and tax. Wow !!!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wecome to the site. A bunch of us have M1031 SECMs on here and I know we are all happy that our trucks are becoming more valuable every day it would appear.

Steven67fr

Yeah, the prices are definitely high... I only justified it as I don't buy vehicles often and it is a much worthy upgrade over my current 1967 International Harvester 1200B. Plus the 1031 fits nearly everything that I wanted to do (eventually) to the IH anyways. By the way, I picked up the one in Ohio.

Glad to be a part of this.

Steven Fl.

wayne pick

Thats a lot of truck for the money, spec that truck today, probably arround 60k plus. That is if you can get the lockers and suspension the M1031 has and you won't get the np205 w pto either. Great service truck for an excavator or quarry operation where lets say a GMC 6500 might be too big to get into some areas. I have one with a aftermarket flatbed, It rides like a tank, i love it.

acmunro

M1031's

Thats a lot of truck for the money
I agree. I love the ones I have. I guess the good word got out on them. The reason I was shocked is the prices are a lot different than they used to be. I also have 2010 Dodges with SECM beds installed on them. Sure they have the creature comforts of a new truck. But they are in the shop just as much as the older trucks the 84-85-86 CUCV's.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even without cupholders they're excellent trucks! If you have the desire to own one, and the cash, why not??

wayne pick

Take a look at what 1008s 1009s are being bid for, run hard, put away wet. a lot of them have been canniblised for parts. Pickins are getting slim, Bring your tool box.

Steven67fr

Thanks for being honest! Haha. I won't be upset if other bidders come out either. From the limited photo inspection it looks to be in good shape... I wish I would have had the time for a personal, visual inspection. Luckily... I can easily fix any suprises... It looked pretty unmolested, however.

StevenFl.

Steven67fr

Yes, it definitely seems like I'm getting in on the tail end of this good streak for picking up the CUCV's... Really does look like the competition over them is getting HOT... especially the 10's 28's and 31's!!!

StevenFl.

K9Vic

I was also watching those and amazed at the value these trucks have when they are complete with the generator & compressor. Looks like a good truck, but I see it has the forklift damaged drive shaft. Hopefully your EUC goes through quickly, if you have done one before it is much faster.

Does yours have a 10K or 12K generator?

I also just bought a 1986 M1031 AG010 (SECM build 1/90) this week from a private party locally. The guy I bought used it for his construction business and never used the PTO/generator that has only 00000.6 hours. I tried to get it working but no power output. That is for another tread, but everything else on the truck is in great condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks