• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 a2

Rthomas

What do you need to tow a M105 A2 ? I am looking at some to flip. I live around a lot of oilfield companies. do you think they will sell?

maplehillfrm

hey welcome, empty the weigh 2650 lbs more or less,, so towing them home from the site you can use probably a 1/2 ton, I prefer a 3/4 ton, but thats me, remember they will not have brakes with a civvy truck,, the brakes are air over hydraulics , you can tow t hem with out air but you wont have any brakes to them untill you hook them to a vehicle with air connectors,,

They were built for the 2 1/2 ton truck to pull, so that is really what you are going to need to haul it around safely with any load on it, a 1 ton would probably be ok, but again you fall into NO brakes,,

they sit higher than a normal trailer on your pickup , so you need to flip the lunnette,a nd have a raised hitch to get it somewhat level,,

They are buily rugged as all get out and will haul alot,, I use mine around the farma nd hook them to the tractor to pull around,,

as far as flipping them, {you dont mean rolling them over right??:roll::cookoo: hahah]

it will be hit and miss , if you find someone that needs one great otherwise you could sit on them for a while, I have several I want to sell, some sell, some dont,, right place at the right time,, a title will help it sell a little faster I think, you need to apply for a sf97,, 60 bucks thru gl then register it,, so it will cost a bit,,

there are always trailers on ebay,, some sell most sit,, but area and demand will play a roll in it.. try to have them sold prior to pickeing them up,, or pay scrap price for them so you can at least cut them up and break even maybe,,

you can get 3 on a 25' gooseneck to get them home,with a bit of work,, good luck, pat

Last edited:

roscoe

They are neat little trailers, however most people aren't going to have the correct setup to pull one without modifications on the electric, height and braking.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've lived and worked in the oil and gas industry from drilling to refining for 30+ years, and I haven't seen many small trailers used. Don't plan your retirement on flipping M105s to oilfield companies. Now, the M871 trailers would be more useful in the industry.

That said, if you find a market let me know since I have about 1/2 dozen of the M105s :lol:

Rthomas

I had a cousin get a cement mixer from the bridge that they are building in St. Francisville. All it was was the 10 yard drum and he sold it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks