• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 from Ft. Gordon Picked up

kwcond

picked up my M105 today went great. First time getting a trailer and was all hooked up and out of there within 10 min. I have the canvas canopy, tan, seems to be in decent shape besides rope tie downs having dry rot.
Towed it for about a three hour ride home, through ATL traffic, that was fun. Pulled great stayed right at 65 the entire way. One tire is brand new...even still had a sticker on it and all the little nubs, the other...eh...some dry rot not terrible. very little rust in the corners. Hand breaks, landing wheel all operated with little effort and not hammer or grease needed. GL guy at Gordon said it was the easiest hook up he had seen with an M105. I came prepared with lots of tools, but didn't need anything.

trailer pickup.jpg

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it went smooth. Dealing with Mitch at the FGGA GL lot always helps too. That 105 makes your Chevy look like a smart car. I think a lot of it is the camera angle, but that is a big trailer. That's not going to be your regular tow vehicle is it? That trailer is 2650lbs empty, and the angle probably puts quite a bit of weight on the tongue.

kwcond

yeah that camera angle does make it look a little worse than it is...but yes, that is going to be my normal tow vehicle..the trailer is just going to be used as a utility trailer for very short trips...i have thought about towing it with my 2011 suburban..the hitch receiver is much higher than my tahoe. But in this picture the tahoe does have a 12 in rise draw bar with the pintle attached to that

3dAngus

Check the tire again and see if it is dry rot or paint overspray. I didn't know on a couple of mine a few weeks ago but I had Patracy the tire expert over and he informed me it was overspray cracking up.
You might get lucky. Congrats on your recovery.

andytk5

Ver nice! Did you make you own 12V - 24V adapter for the trailer lights? Dd you get hassled at all on license plate stuff?

kwcond

just picked up some magnetic lights and no hassle on the plate driving it home...monday, I am going to the tag office to try and get one for it...we will see how that goes

@3dangus...it isn't overspray..I read your message and ran out to check but it is def dry rot...do you know of a place in GA to get tires???

3dAngus

I would PM Patracy. He has very good used tires at good prices. Also, he's probably within an hour of you in Buchannan (sp) Georgia, just above you off I-20

Check out his new bobber. He's accumulating toys!!!!

Last edited: