• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 overnight camper

comdiver

I am looking fo a "camper" for my trailer. I was thinking about a shelter: S250, S177, what else will fit? CBC? One of those lift boxes would work, even a S1497 or S788 on the frame. M105 Trailer Shop Container. Any other thoughts? Anybody got any leads near Buffalo NY?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I have considerable experience, just using the the racks and its canvas cover. But that is more like just tent camping. I have dreamed of the ridgid box, that you describe. Several time I went to the north Slope of the Brooks range to pick up a friend & his mules with an M211 & a M105. Once it was an honest -45f. We camped in the trailer with a respectable propane catalytic heater. It kept it comfortable & allowed us to be in or shirt sleeves (untill we turned it off for the night).

The fender wells on the inside make respectable seats & you can hang your Coleman Lanter from one of the Bows. I think we ate C-Rats, we had place on the engine's mainfold.

Lee on Alaska

Blythewoodjoe

If you can find a CBC I think that would be the ticket. I loaded mine in the back of my truck by myself the other day. It's that light. Of course I lifted the dump and had it standing on the end. The whole thing weighs a little over 400 pounds and has a floor in it. I don't know how many are out there in private hands, I have never seen another. Here's the thread on mine:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=176211&highlight=#176211

Last edited:

Mike_Pop

I have a camper for sale...all ready to go and would look great behind a deuce!

I custom built this in 2003 and have taken it across the country twice. It's really a sweet setup. PM me if interested.

Attachments

tamangel

remember when posting links from the old forum, you need to remove the following 4 characters in the URL:

amp;

where ever they appear. Add nothing in its place..

Also, take out the www and put the word old in its place. Those links will then be OK..

Mike

Dodgeman1941

What we have done is take a regular m105 with tarp, added some nice indoor-outdoor carpet. Took a couple of the VN era hammocks and slung them from the front to the back. Added a 2x10 across the back to raise up the back of the hammocks. It makes for a quick easy weekend camper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks