• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Recovered Today (Pics)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today I decided not to brave the high 90s temps and instead turned my efforts on recovering my elcheapo M105A2 from N.A.S. JAX. Loaded up the boys, the dog, food and the highlift in the suburban and left out at a little after 0500 this morning. Found myself sitting at the GL yard at 0920. Met the staff and he sent me back to where the trailers are. Not like I didn't know. On the way back, he dissapeared. I found my trailer (easy, only one with camo body) and proceded to pull it over and jack up the nose with the highlift. Plugged it in, attached safety chains and snapped a pic when the GL rep comes rolling up with a forklift. After a comment on my speed, he verified that I had the right trailer, sign and drive away. All toll 15 minutes. I did ask about the long line of deuces there (many with XLs). He said not today, they are all slated for FMS. He did point me to another alcove where 6 deuces were resting. These, he said, should be coming up sometime soon. I did a cursory check, they all seem complete except some cab tops. Some had batteries that were up as well. Got a few pics and headed out. I had planned on stopping at a rest area 15 miles down the road to check things and remove the tarp. Getting the tarp off was a huge help. Also moved the end gates and dropped the tailgate. Enough, some pics.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are of the trailer. 1st one is right in front of NAS JAX. The rest of them at the rest area where I de-tarped it. I parked near trees so I could fold the cover in the shade. This is the nicest M105 I've owned. Chassis is perfect, the body somewhat new (only a few bends and dings). Has 5 nice steel bows and all racks but one end gate are fiberglass. The tarp is soft and supple. Pretty happy for a minimum bid trailer.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, it may make it to the rally, just not this year. I have a pair of M116A3s I'll be bringing and a pioneer tool trailer returning to my AO (unless someone with money wants it more).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Foreign Military Sales.

I did hook it up to the deuce today and took it for a spin. The brakes work wonderfully.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an -A2, just has the latest Pribbs Steel body. The Gov't says it's a 1988 but they have assigned it a 3 digit VIN on the replacement data plate. That is the suckiest part of the whole deal.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny you should have said something. I could have gotten the trailer for you and you could have just taken your time to pick it up from my place.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the offer James. Actually, it was perfect timing. I was on vacation and my wife was doing her annual tour so I loaded up the chitlins and dog and hiked it up out of here. Wished I would have taken an extra couple of hours and went by David's place to look at his 10 ton museum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks