• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Wiring Harness Makeup

Seth_O

I have an M105 wiring harness I am about to cut into to create a converter box for my deuce.

My question is: is the main rubber line a sheath around individually wrapped wires, or is it one thick piece of cast rubber with the wires running inside?

Inquiring about the part that is circled.

Also: the adapter box I am building will convert to whatever plugs I want. I am planning on a civvy 4-pin, but unsure if I should also include a civvy 7-pin or the RV style 7-blade. Which is more common? I will be using the deuce to tow all kinds of things; including a car dolly, could be a travel trailer, u-haul trailers etc. I'm just not sure which of the larger plugs is the more common, so looking for some feedback.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a regular cable, wraped around individually insulated wires. Go with the 7-pin (flat) RV plug/recepticle. Its the most common. You can then go from it to the little flat 4-pin that would be common on a sno-go trailer, etc. I say the 7-pin RV one, unless you are around commercial vehicles, and then use the 7-pin (round pin) style.

I have most of my trailes converted to the LED lights. They don't care about the voltage

Seth_O

Cheers Rosco - you answered both my questions, I appreciate it. Now tomorrow I can get started building the converter box and taking advantage of my newly installed 12v power ;-)