• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A trailer

jimm1009

I have a person that wants the trailer bed from my unused M105A2 trailer. Anyone know if 4 adult men can pick the bed up from the trailer frame and hoist it into the Deuce bed? Yes it is all relative to age and strength of the 4 men but the average group of 4 men
is where I have to go from. lol
jimm1009
aka: Jim

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a person that wants the trailer bed from my unused M105A2 trailer. Anyone know if 4 adult men can pick the bed up from the trailer frame and hoist it into the Deuce bed? Yes it is all relative to age and strength of the 4 men but the average group of 4 men
jimm1009
800 to 1000lbs

tobyS

jimm1009
Doubt it.

Use barrels and some long boards to hold it up while pulling out from under and pulling the deuce under it.

jimm1009

Doubt it.

Use barrels and some long boards to hold it up while pulling out from under and pulling the deuce under it.
I mounted two 8 ft. 4 x 4 posts to the trailer bed where it formerly bolted to the frame.
I jacked it up at the rear to where it was 5 inches above the Deuce bed.
Used two come-a-longs and pulled it along the trailer frame and up into the truck.
Worked great.
Now if I can get somebody to take the axle and forward end of the frame I will not have to take it to scrap place.

tobyS

I mounted two 8 ft. 4 x 4 posts to the trailer bed where it formerly bolted to the frame.
I jacked it up at the rear to where it was 5 inches above the Deuce bed.
Used two come-a-longs and pulled it along the trailer frame and up into the truck.
Worked great.
Now if I can get somebody to take the axle and forward end of the frame I will not have to take it to scrap place.
I might buy the parts left.

jimm1009

I might buy the parts left.
You can have the parts for free but I would prefer to get rid of them in the next month. I am leaving Friday for about 8 days but you can get them
any time if you have help or I can help you up thru 09/23 or after 10/06 or so. I hate to throw away parts that could be used to help us as owner/operators.
Jim

tobyS

You can have the parts for free but I would prefer to get rid of them in the next month. I am leaving Friday for about 8 days but you can get them
any time if you have help or I can help you up thru 09/23 or after 10/06 or so. I hate to throw away parts that could be used to help us as owner/operators.
Jim
Hi Jim, What all is left? Is the axle included? I need a second for future tandem project. Is the jack there? I expect it will be after you return, for PU. Thanks,

jimm1009

The nose landing gear is there and so is the dead-man leg in back. The axle is complete with brake cables and handles. Basically what he did was cut out the spring fittings section of the frame and leave the rest. Yes it has two tires and wheels on it so we can roll it on your trailer with ramps. The last 2.5 feet of the frame is there as well. The nose gear works really well and is not original for sure. Data plate is there and it has a clean TN title. Lunette ring there too along with safety chains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks