• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Brake Problem

co_rotorhead

The left brake seems to be dragging, Pretty sure it's the parking brake, but wondering if it could be anything else - both parking brake handles seem to work ok.. I have not hooked up to the deuce yet (therefore no air yet and have not had it hooked up since I got it). The wheel turns but not well. Any thoughts on where to start? How do you adjust these brakes? Thanks for any help!

co_rotorhead

Thanks and yes...smells like a hot brake. When I get it on a jack, the wheel is difficult to turn, back and forth a little. No side to side movement and it does sound like the shoe is dragging.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try this manual in the TM section. TM 9-2330-203-14&P. I don't think it's in there though. If it's an A2, there are two adjusting cams, one at the lower rear and one at the upper front of the backing plates. Raise the wheel and back them off, then tighten them 'till the shoe drags and back off a touch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks