• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 on a 16' trailer?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I have been trying to find the dimensions of an M105a2 trailer.
I am going to pick one up with some other things and I’m trying to see if it will all fit on my 16’
trailer.
What I need is the outside width dimension of the wheels and how long the 105 is from the ring to the back of the trailer and maybe from the front trailer jack to the back.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter

3dAngus

Also consider your 16' trailer tires location and how you load it. Your trailer is wider than mine at 72" but my side rails are removeable and I would leave them at home for what you are doing. Good luck. Sounds like fun!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I have been trying to find the dimensions of an M105a2 trailer.
I am going to pick one up with some other things and I’m trying to see if it will all fit on my 16’
trailer.
What I need is the outside width dimension of the wheels and how long the 105 is from the ring to the back of the trailer and maybe from the front trailer jack to the back.

Length for one trailer on a 16 footer won't be a problem. You don't say how wide your trailer is. Here are 2 on a 20' trailer.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Length for one trailer on a 16 footer won't be a problem. You don't say how wide your trailer is. Here are 2 on a 20' trailer.
11Echo, My 16' has a rail around it and the inside dimensions is 83" on the width.
Do you think the M105 will fit inside the rails?
Thanks!!

Unforgiven

88" outside tread to outside tread (including sidewall bulge)

94" outside fender well to outside fender well

Just measured it 2 mins ago for you on an M105A3.

The A2 trailers are slightly more narrow. But that'll give you an idea. Bring some lumber in case you have to set the M105 on top of the flatbed trailer's fender wells. You might have to remove one or both side rails.

KsM715

I just went outside and measured my M105A2 (its like 10 degrees out now) Mine measures 79.5" give or take, outside rubber to outside rubber. The wheel dish/hub/lugnuts stick out another 1.5"-2" either side but they should clear your side rails. These pics are when I picked up one of my trailers and some other stuff on a 16' trailer.

Attachments

86m1028

I have an 18 ft trailer 83in wide, with rails & have put 2 m105s on it no problem.
I also carry 3 m101's at a time on it.

Hope this helps.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys for all the inputs!!!:beer:

Just have to wait a little bit for the EUC....then road trip!!!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks