• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Trailer Bed

EZDUZITBEAR

Does anyone know - or can you tell me where to look for - the weight of the cargo bed on the M105A2? If I needed to remove it, what would I be looking at as far as weight and equipment needed?

Thanks in advance!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help you right away as all my TMs are lost in my broken laptop but if you go to the TM section and download TM 43-00001-31 Tacom Data Sheets you can do a little looking and figure this out. First look up the weight of the M105A2. After that look up the weight of the M103A3 trailer chassis. Subtract that weight from the M105A2 will give you the approx weight of the bed with racks.

papercu

Bed

You can use between 7 to 800 lbs as a rough figure but a couple of round stock and a pry bar you can slide it off without to much trouble. Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Bed

Yanno, since Wayne has spoken up, it's amazing what you can do with blocks, a couple of 12' 4x4s and a bumper jack. Once while visiting Wayne, we installed a contact maintenance body on a Dodge M880 using just those items and it went pretty well despite the fact that it was 900 degrees out. I so much regret selling that M887. Dang, self butt kicking time.

EZDUZITBEAR

Those are great ideas, and the weight guess-timation is much appreciated. I'll put all of those in my bag of trucks - I mean tricks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks