• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 trailer but not really so...?

jimm1009

I've been out of town for a funeral and even then I found it impossible to escape MV's entirely. The next door neighbor to my Aunt that recently passed away has a May 1965 (delivery date & inspected date) Johnson Furnace Company, Bellevue, OH M105A1 trailer.
The glitch is this, the data plate is the original factory plate and not a replacement and the Model Number is M105A2 but it only has one air line.
The serial number is 6-7972 (factory stamped) the registration number is USA.06M7972 (Not factory stamped), the contract number is BA-20-113-AMC-04469(T) and the nsn is 2330-141-8050. The "B" is definetly not a "D" in the contract number as it is very clear too.
There are no last four numbers to the NSN. The original photo etching is all there while dramatically faded and worn but still legible.
The trailer has only one air line and does not have the shuttle valve on the under frame area and no air tank, etc. as would be installed on an A2. Nothing there and no signs of removal unless Uncle Sam deliberately transferred the data plate from the correct frame to another one I can not see how this could be.
Obviously I am no trailer authority so I bow to the masses.
:-? jimm1009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
-A2 trailers were out in the 60's. I have a 68 here. Dual line brake systems weren't standard until 1977 according to the TM. Are you sure that trailer isn't a 72? I'd have Carnac run the reg numbers. I'm betting it comes back as a 72.

jimm1009

Kenny,

The "delivery date" and "inspected" blocks are neatly machine stamped just like the serial number is and all is very easy to read.
For an original 1965 data plate it is not in too bad a shape.
I thought that all the A2's had two air lines as I did not pick up the difference
in the TM.
So I could be looking at a genuine, factory original M105A2 with a M105A1 air & brake system due to the production changes not being implemented until late 1970's?
I'll do some more TM reading tonight if I can.

Thanks,

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks