• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Water Pooling Prevention

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a while ago I read about different methods folks used to help prevent water pooling on their cargo cover in between the bows on their trailer, and one fellow posted a picture of what the military suggested (which I can't seem to find...). But anyway, it was to place a piece of wood on top and center of the bows to "tent" the cover.

Long story short, the military's method was SUPER easy, cheap, and very effective!

So I bought a 10' 2x4 (less than $5.00), cut to 107.5" (front of front bow to rear of rear bow in length), and then cut notches slightly wider than the 1.5" bows to about a ~3/8" depth at either end and 3 more spaced 25" in between for the other 3 bows. I then cleaned out the notches with a chisel. Finally used my belt sander to round the ends and a smooth finish sand with the orbital. Boom, done.

It's working perfectly, and I'm sure this is a great solution on many other trailers or similar applications.

Maybe when it's not raining I'll paint it green. :mrgreen:

Attachments

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Good job on an inexpensive upgrade that works. The M-1101 & M-1102 trailers have three metal plates that overlap, front to rear that does the same thing on the hoops; but for much more money guaranteed. Both systems work equally well.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved the trailer next to the house the other day during a respite between the rainstorms. I thought I'd share how little water now pools on top. The dirt marks allow you to see the old large pooling locations between the bows.

Attachments

Last edited: