• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105a2 woodshop trailer

ida34

Yes it is useful for getting large items into the back of the bed. The pump is a hand pump on the right side of the bed. I was looking at them as they went cheap. I really wanted to get one. They also have built in tool boxes inside the bed behind the wheel well. The lift was used to get the massive radial arm saw up and down from the bed. There should also be a track on the bed that the saw slides on. You may want to cut that out if you are using it for cargo.

skinnedknuckles

I just went down to the Rock Island Arsenal yesterday and picked mine up. It looks like it could be really useful in loading stuff. I'll see if I can get some pictures up tonight. Real simple hydraulic set-up, just a single hose from the pump to the cylinder. I'm putting a 24v hydraulic pump on mine to get away from the hand pump and I'm thinking about modifying the arms to mount it on my bobbed deuce.
Paul in Janesville,Wi

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one of these with the saw and everything. I've been trying to sell it. GL screwed me big time and I have way too much into it, but it needs to go to someone who will restore it or use it. It's just sitting in a field now.

Attachments

skinnedknuckles

They didn't look too bad, lots of surface rust (more than what the pictures showed but not rusted through). Piano hinges on the boxes were seized from rust- take some penetrating oil if you want to see inside right away. The ones that I saw had straight sides, wood on the tailgates were rotted out . Rust had not spread apart the areas by the side tie down loops. They did not appear to have been used much ,the grease fittings on the tailgate arms still had the little plastic fitting caps. If you are going to hook it up to your truck for the ride home , like I did, take some kind of weight to put at the front of the box to give it some tongue weight. I took 2 spare tires with me to change out the tires on the trailer because they were low. It looked like most of the trailers there needed to have the tires aired up. Quite a few of the tires were new, you could still see the mold parting line in the middle. Scott down there was a great help in lifting the trailer with his forklift
Paul in Janesville, Wis
O.D. green bug has bitten me , Have it by the gallons what should I paint next:-D

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't feel so bad now. Were the boxes empty? Probably. Mine was complete with saw and everything. Boxes were full of stuff. Bows and tarp too. If anybody is interested in one of these trailers complete, let me know. It needs to go to a good home.

Eco

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks