• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A3 mods?

FJ4X4TRD

I recently picked up a really nice, almost mint M105A3. Admittedly, it is a little more trailer than I need, but couldn't pass up the deal, and at the same time I'm holding out hope to mod it slightly to suit my needs.

Looking to:
mount smaller wheels/tires
remove some of the leaf springs(as I'll never need to load to capacity)
My goal is to lower the trailer, and perhaps reduce some of the weight in the process to make the trailer work for me.
I've got a Toyota FJ, with slight lift.
Thanks a million for advice/specs/tips on what is possible.
Rob-

:grin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bolster trailer tires and wheels should fit. They will lower it but are not much lighter. What you save in purchase price will be spent on dieting the trailer. Might consider flipping it and getting a 101 or 1101.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Recovery said.
There are not that many M105A3s out there, so someone is likely to want it unmodified; and even with your mods, it will be big for an FJ.

An M101A3 is about the right size for your Toyota (it's still pretty big!) has surge brakes and CUCV wheels on it. They are pretty readily available in TX.
An 1101/1102 (which are essentially the same trailer) is much lighter than the 105, though bulkier than an M101, and the bolt pattern for the wheels means easy swap for civvie type tires/wheels.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks