• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061A1 converter to 12v and electric brakes

Accurate

Here is the trailer when I pulled it home with a pintle receiver hitch and magnetic lights.

first thing I did was scuff up the paint on the top and added some bedliner because I knew it would be slick whenever it got wet. I also did something that some might not agree with... I cut off the pintle and welded on a 15k rated adjustable ball coupler.

Here it is after painting the trailer Rustolium "sand"

Then I sorted out the light wiring and added some more clearance lights to make the DOT happy. During this time I also added and electric over hydraulic braking system with a trailer brake away kit.

Here is is with the added lights and some DOT tape.

Here is a picture to show how it looks behind the truck

The only thing left now is to figure out some ramps and get a license plate for it. Hopefully this will help a few people since I found a few people asking about pulling these with pick up trucks when I was looking at getting one and there wasn't a whole lot of info on the subject.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In the future post your pictures to the site instead of using links.
Any pictures or details on the electric over hydraulic braking system?

Last edited: