• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1070 Tech & Tips

Sandog

Yeah, two batteries will work fine.

When you're looking at the 4 batteries in the HET, the 2 negative terminals on the right side of both of the right 2 batteries are the ground. The 2 positive terminals on the left side of the left 2 batteries are the 24v positive. The remaining 4 posts in the middle across all batteries are all 12v positive. This can be kinda confusing until you get the hang of it, because you can read positive voltage from a negative terminal.

Basically, in any automotive series or series/parallel battery arrangement, there are 3 possible terminals - 24v positive, 12v positive, or ground. If they're set up the following way, once you identify the 24v positive and the ground terminals, everything else is 12v positive.

View attachment 631469

This should be about how the stock HET is setup -

View attachment 631473

And this is about what it should look like with only two batteries instead of four -

View attachment 631474
What batteries are you running when you only put 2 in?

Sandog

Mine has two large truck batteries instead of the four. If I get a chance today I'll try to get down to the garage and pull them out to get a picture. It's been that way for a couple years with no issues and much more affordable.

Dave
Hey Dave do you think I can get a pic of your 2 batterie set up and what batteries you went with?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just curious, is there a way to lock the cab on these trucks? I understand that a determined thief will get in no matter what but what has anyone done to make it difficult for unauthorized entry? Thanks in advance
Bracket on your step slides up for you to be able to pad lock it and it blocks the door from opening.

You can also use the steering lock bar.

Then you can also use a parking brake cover lock. There are several styles

Then you can always pull a tank drain valve out if you are going to let it sit so it won't build air pressure.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks