• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 1994, Source for switched 12 power?

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have an idea where I can access a switched 12 power source inside the cab of the LMTV?

I am also trying to install a stereo and a brake control box so I can haul a trailer with electric brakes. I looked for a brake light switch on the foot brake valve and there is none that appears to send power to the brake lights on activation. I am wondering if the brake light switch might be on the valve at the back of the truck, above the rear diff...

Thanks in advance if you can advise me on this.

Pointman

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a switched 12v feed at the breaker panel. You can tap off it and add a breaker in one of the blank spots I have the contacts and locks. The main power switch controls several 12v circuits via relay. If you are installing something with higher current drain then you can use the trucks switched 12v to activate a relay and feed off the main 12v under the panel.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You have to lift the panel. There are screws along the front and back. They are Phillips head. The bolts hold the plastic to its metal frame you have to lift the frame. You can choose a circuit to tap off. Some may already be there and unused on your truck. Don't tap into the trans ecu circuit.

image.jpg