• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 alternator regulator question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know where the alternator gets the sensing feeds to the regulator I have an issue with the 12v the sense line is reading low, and is causing an issue with regulation. I followed it into a bundle. The TMs don't really have a full schematic and there's no troubleshooting for 12v slightly low. The 24v is fine and pretty much picks up the slack. Interesting I was looking at the Niehoff site at specs it lists the M1078 alt as 12/24 100 amp but not dual voltage with separate current outputs for the different voltages like other models.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you see the post about the accelerator pedal abrading the harness and causing charging issues?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No I didn't see it. I will look though. 24 volt is fine its the 12 volt sense line to the regulator. If I can find where it comes from I can run a new wire. It does not appear to come off the batteries maybe the power block under the spare tire.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Checked that spot mine has the harness a bit different but no rubbing. I looked all around and in the dash didnt see anything shorted out. Gotta check the engine bay and where the wires go into the cab from the outside.