• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 PTO Solenoid Connection

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm once again turn to the folks that have worked on these critters. I have a PTO winch that will not work. The problem is electrical. All the switches are good, good power source, and the PTO is engaging and the light on the panel shows it. The problem I am having is finding the connectors to check power going to the solenoids. The IN and OUT switch is working. Now I may be looking at the connector on top of the solenoid but I don't want to pry so hard I break it and I would rather not pierce the wire if I don't have to.
All help is appreciated.
Thank you , Lugnuts

MrMikey4026

The DIN connectors are held on with a screw. You cannot access the screw with the valve in place, you will have to remove it from the frame. I found this out the hard way.
Check the ground for the valve harness. DIN connectors are a pain in the ass, the connections become corroded, wires break.
You can always hot wire the valve solenoids to see if the winch works then.
The schematics are in the TM's.

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you/ I guess I'll pull it down and take a look. Next task I have is the wiper linkage and that looks like a real chore. The manuals are really difficult sometimes to get the information you are looking for. Happy Thanksgiving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks