• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 starting problem

signs1919

my deuce has been starting great but every now and then when you push the button it will try to start but just turns over in clicks not full turns. now it just turns over in short spurts but not a full crank so it won't start. jumped selinoid and it starts. any ideas

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your CB21 breaker in the PDP and the K1 relay. Swap with different positions. Check that oil pressure switch near the solenoid has continuity when engine is not running. Follow the troubleshooting sequence for "engine does not crank" in TM9-2320-365-20-1.

sandcobra164

We encounter this quite often in the National Guard. Trucks sit for a month without any loving and the batteries become run down. A quick jump start usually does the trick in this scenario. Leave the vehicles hooked together for a while. If the batteries are really low, the truck will do one of two things. It will either shut off if the batteries are really low, or it will stay running and the ¨Battery Disconnect¨ light will illuminate which means the truck has sensed the batteries are too low and it is only powered by the alternator for electrical power. I have run into an odd issue on my M1089A1P2 where it will illuminate that light under similar conditions only to extinguish as soon as put into gear. I have not noticed this behavior on the cargo variants. I will retire in a few years. I long for the days of the simpler trucks we used to have!!! Thanks EPA for the cool play toys as hobbiest but I enjoy mission capable vehicles as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks