• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078

Joe Drifter

Hey guys,

I am looking at a M1078 on an auction site. The front diff is remove as well as the front drive shaft. I'm interested in this one because it may be in my price range. It's 2 states away and my question is could I drive it home with just the rear wheel drive?

Thanks
Joe

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Question is, what else has been removed and or why? On a recovery of an unknown vehicle usually them being complete makes you feel a little better about a trip home. If it is a decent price, try to reason with them on lowering the price for you shipping it home for safety sake. It is at auction so it has alot of unknowns.

If you need any help on shipping it just let me know.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The awd will not work without the front drive line, without speed restrictions. Without the front diff in also the axle shafts will bounce around and damage a lot of stuff without the carrier to hold them in position.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starter is missing as well. You don't want it, it's a total POS. Worst LMTV ever to be auctioned. Motor's locked too. Hole in the transmission.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

I am looking at a M1078 on an auction site. The front diff is remove as well as the front drive shaft. I'm interested in this one because it may be in my price range. It's 2 states away and my question is could I drive it home with just the rear wheel drive?

Thanks
Joe
I'm half nuts and frequently take chances with making it home with risky auction trucks.

This isn't a risky auction truck. It's a dead truck. I wouldn't consider trying to drive it.

Budget whatever simp's fees are into the plans.

coachgeo

It's parts truck only buy. Could be that the only good things..... are the ones that were removed and used to enhance other running trucks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well did you win it? 6 grand for a truck with a plethora of expensive to fix issues. Not coming home to me unfortunately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks