• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 to M1079 to RV build

WassawBound

The van body swap. I told the shop fast and cheap. It's not as clean as I'd liked but these guys build water trucks so it's not going anywhere. I've put 10k miles on it since. The nylon locks at 500ftlbs. They haven't budged. The welds still look strong. Not pretty but strong.

Attachments

WassawBound

Time to add a trailer to the family. Out and back to Montana with our 1st blow out at the bottom of the Donner Pass.

Attachments

WassawBound

Time for new shoes. Took me about a week with a buddy helping the last day. We rotated two back to the trailer and put 4 new tires up front. Also 30 oz of beads. So far so good.

Attachments

WassawBound

Do you mind sharing more on this? Whose product you used and so on.
Here's the amazon link. Weivision 1080P FHD 360 Degree Bird View Surround Panoramic View Car Vihicle DVR Camera System Kit for Fire Engine/Bus/School Bus/Truck/Semi-Trailer/Box Truck/RV +9inch HD Display https://a.co/d/aXWa887

I love it! IMO it's a must have if you want to daily drive one of these trucks. I tow the M1082 as well so I do wish I had more cameras. Lol. I've put nearly 10K miles on my rig. I ride my motorcycle when not running the truck.

I never wired my trigger wires. I just use the remote which I stuck to the console with velcro.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks