• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 Habitat on FB

Ned81

I saw it for sale on fb. What’s the deal with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Dunno. Guy seemed to know his stuff, so I assume legit. He knows there's a subframe attached to the base of the hab. I don't know what a good price is, but he said he's open to offers. I saw one sell for $4K a few years back (private seller). This one looks pretty clean and he said it has the heater. The ladder is visible in the FB ad.

It just tickled my funny bone that a mod in the MWE group raised his eyebrow at the price of something. pot : kettle = black

Last edited by a moderator:

coachgeo

Dunno. Guy seemed to know his shit, so I assume legit. .... This one looks pretty clean and he said it has the heater. The ladder is visible in the FB ad.
not that it is of any significant relevance but most remove the heater. It's to many btu for everyday camper use. Fine likely for arctic camping though and it is loud as HE double toothpicks

Last edited:

Third From Texas

not that it is of any significant relevance but most remove the heater. It's way to many btu for everyday camper use. Fine likely for arctic camping though.
Yeah, mine it still intact and works (though it will throw a fault and trip the CB at times). But you're correct in that it's not a good heater for an RV build. It's WAY TOO LOUD, it spends 30 seconds heating up, 30 seconds blowing hot, 3 minutes of fan to cool, then the cycle repeats (all for that 30 seconds of hot air). Did I mention that it's WAY TOO LOUD (like jet engine decibels loud). It does heat the hab in that 30 seconds, though.

Mine is still in use but the plan will eventually delete the Hunter and replace it with a nice dependable, inexpensive Chinese diesel heater. There's really only two months of the year down here I ever have to turn the heater on while camping on the Island. When I venture further (although the only states left worth visiting now are FL and TX) I'll do the swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks