• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M108 earning its keep!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I couldn't be outdone by Mr 73M819 so I pulled the stops off the crane today. I needed to swap winches on the 108 but my little engine hoist has developed a problem. Attached are 2 static pics of how I swapped the winch. Sorry for the poor pics, had to use the phone.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've never tried it. I seem to have extra winches so I swapped it out for the one that came off the tractor. The one that came off has bent top and back straps and the rod on the bottom is missing. I've taken this removed winch and added bumper extrensions and a PTO and put them in the back of Mikes new deuce. He can freshen up the winch, buy a shaft and shifter and put it on the dropside. I small token of my appreciation for all his help getting the trucks home. I still have one more winch setup for the new dropside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks