• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M108 towing old ambulance

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First time I've used the M108 to tow with. Bolted a set of shackle mounts to the bumper and towed the truck about 6 miles. It's an ambulance that Dad uses for electrical work. Figured I better use the heavy truck since his truck weighs 12000lbs.

Glow plug tip broke off and rattled around in the engine while running. Took the head off and the piston has a bung of little dings in it, but looks okay.

Here's some pics of the snowy tow.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't understand why everything is covered in dandruff.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why such a rat's nest on the front end ?

Ever try to wind up 250 foot of winch cable in a blizzard? Easier to just wind it around the bumper. Next time I have it out in warm weather it will get wound nicely.

It would take a lot of moola to make the towbar or M108 leave. Get way too much use out of them.

Hoping to see the white stuff melt away this week. It's been a heck of a snowy winter.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks