• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 Air Brake Valves(s) Diagram? Midland/Haldex

Third From Texas

On the M1082 trailer there is a valve going into the air tank. It's not like the setup on the trucks, obviously. It has a single "Supply" inlet (the second is capped) which is fed by service air and a "Control" inlet that t's off to emergency and the brakes.

There is an internal airway ("Control" side) that retains a small spring and plunger. I suspect that it's to prevent backflow. It's just on of those little round tabs with a nipple on it that sits on the end of a spring and plugs off flow at a tiny port inside.

The little plunger is missing on one of my trailers.

I'm looking for a diagram of the valve so I can locate the part/plunger. I'm pretty certain that it's a commonly used part...

20211028_134209.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On the M1082 trailer there is a valve going into the air tank. It's not like the setup on the trucks, obviously. It has a single "Supply" inlet (the second is capped) which is fed by service air and a "Control" inlet that t's off to emergency and the brakes.

There is an internal airway ("Control" side) that retains a small spring and plunger. I suspect that it's to prevent backflow. It's just on of those little round tabs with a nipple on it that sits on the end of a spring and plugs off flow at a tiny port inside.

The little plunger is missing on one of my trailers.

I'm looking for a diagram of the valve so I can locate the part/plunger. I'm pretty certain that it's a commonly used part...

View attachment 849147
Its an spring brake valve. There should be a tag with a number on it. It looks like an RT4 type similar to KN26020

Attachments