• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 Air Brake Valves(s) Diagram? Midland/Haldex

Third From Texas

On the M1082 trailer there is a valve going into the air tank. It's not like the setup on the trucks, obviously. It has a single "Supply" inlet (the second is capped) which is fed by service air and a "Control" inlet that t's off to emergency and the brakes.

There is an internal airway ("Control" side) that retains a small spring and plunger. I suspect that it's to prevent backflow. It's just on of those little round tabs with a nipple on it that sits on the end of a spring and plugs off flow at a tiny port inside.

The little plunger is missing on one of my trailers.

I'm looking for a diagram of the valve so I can locate the part/plunger. I'm pretty certain that it's a commonly used part...

20211028_134209.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On the M1082 trailer there is a valve going into the air tank. It's not like the setup on the trucks, obviously. It has a single "Supply" inlet (the second is capped) which is fed by service air and a "Control" inlet that t's off to emergency and the brakes.

There is an internal airway ("Control" side) that retains a small spring and plunger. I suspect that it's to prevent backflow. It's just on of those little round tabs with a nipple on it that sits on the end of a spring and plugs off flow at a tiny port inside.

The little plunger is missing on one of my trailers.

I'm looking for a diagram of the valve so I can locate the part/plunger. I'm pretty certain that it's a commonly used part...

View attachment 849147
Its an spring brake valve. There should be a tag with a number on it. It looks like an RT4 type similar to KN26020

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks