• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 (6x6) A0 - Pneumatic P&ID / Schematic

B-Dog

Hey all,

FYI, there is approx 450ft of tubing and 125 fittings for the air system including the CTIS, not including the rubber hoses to/from the hubs.

In a quest to replace all the tubing in my truck, I needed to trace out all the lines. After much frustration trying to decode the P&ID in the TM, I was ready to burn and/or throw things. I would argue that the TM diagram is terrible, hard to read and might even say 'wrong'. Instead of lighting the truck on fire, I made my own diagram. I didn't bother to put all the proper symbols on the valves. Some of the details are missing on the tanks such as the 1-way checks. I numbered the bulkheads going into the cab 1-6 starting from the center of the cab counting outward toward the door.

Hope this helps someone and feel free to let me know if you see any mistakes. I'll probably do the same thing for a M1078 A1 but that will likely be a year from now. Hopefully there is enough similarities here to help steer someone in the right direction, if this is useful.

@Ronmar, again, thank you for the videos you posted on youtube, they've been invaluable.

Picture below but hopefully the PDF attached as well.
Green - Primary
Blue - Secondary
Red - Emergency
Black - all others
Small text has some locations

1601.JPG

Attachments

Ronmar

Da
Hey all,

FYI, there is approx 450ft of tubing and 125 fittings for the air system including the CTIS, not including the rubber hoses to/from the hubs.

In a quest to replace all the tubing in my truck, I needed to trace out all the lines. After much frustration trying to decode the P&ID in the TM, I was ready to burn and/or throw things. I would argue that the TM diagram is terrible, hard to read and might even say 'wrong'. Instead of lighting the truck on fire, I made my own diagram. I didn't bother to put all the proper symbols on the valves. Some of the details are missing on the tanks such as the 1-way checks. I numbered the bulkheads going into the cab 1-6 starting from the center of the cab counting outward toward the door.

Hope this helps someone and feel free to let me know if you see any mistakes. I'll probably do the same thing for a M1078 A1 but that will likely be a year from now. Hopefully there is enough similarities here to help steer someone in the right direction, if this is useful.

@Ronmar, again, thank you for the videos you posted on youtube, they've been invaluable.

Picture below but hopefully the PDF attached as well.
Green - Primary
Blue - Secondary
Red - Emergency
Black - all others
Small text has some locations

View attachment 823279
Dam, I forgot all about you drawing this… you are right about errors in the mil drawing, sort of. You can see they were less than literal about where things were connected to make the drawing simpler. But basically it is the same ”signal” going to a particular place in the end, it is just sometimes by a more roundabout route in reality, like the way secondary service air actually reaches the anti-compounding valve on the chassis…

This was very well done!

Ronmar

Can this apply to the M1078A0? Need badly to go through my lines.
For the most part, but then so will the drawing in the A0 manuals:) Yours won’t have the component he labeled “Boost” on a 4X4. the primary line goes from the 2way check thru the(and past) the load sensing proportioning valve then on to the brake relay valve To feed the brake chambers.

Every TM has the drawings at the back which include electrical, air, ctis and hydraulic systems…

oding912

For the most part, but then so will the drawing in the A0 manuals:) Yours won’t have the component he labeled “Boost” on a 4X4. the primary line goes from the 2way check thru the(and past) the load sensing proportioning valve then on to the brake relay valve To feed the brake chambers.

Every TM has the drawings at the back which include electrical, air, ctis and hydraulic systems…

My Great thanks for the quick reply,1666489170316.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks