• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 or m923a2

Usarmytankeraf

I'm looking to get a 5 ton I just do not know which one to get. The lmtv m1083 is more updated and looks more comfortable for the driver and passengers. I just never drove one or been in one. Now I know all about the bmv m923a2, to me it looks better "meaner" and I like the crew cab conversion. Any one with a por con that would help.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lmtv it's dryer more capable than 939
I started with deuce went to 939 than a hemit now I couldn't run in anything but lmtv. To me they are easier to work on quiet like I said you won't be getting wet driving it in the rain. Tires are easier to find, easier to turn in the woods. My wrecker has turn radius of 50 feet the 1083 should be 40 feet the 939 if I correctly remember is a 109 feet.
I also like its 12/24 volts so no problems adding 12 volt items. They can be a little of a problem at times if no one's gone thru it to make sure correct relays are in correct position.
Also like the spare tire raises and lowers by a hydraulic ram and not by chain fall like the 939. If I had no option and because I am addicted I would own another 923A2 but as long as I can get my hands on lmtv, it will be lmtv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks