• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 gooseneck idea

Drcracer

So I thought I was going to do this with a M931, but I changed my mind. I have a vision that I hope y'all can weigh in on its feasibility. I want to get a M1088A1, remove the spare, shorten the air intake, relocate the transmission cooler, and remove the 5th wheel plate. Then I'm going to build a custom platform to drive my RZR on top of. I also want to mount a gooseneck hitch off the back as shown in he very crude picture. Reese makes a gooseneck box that I would use on my trailer. I want the 1088 cause they are a little longer. I chose the gooseneck conversion because it's a lower profile since the 1088 is so high. So couple questions...1. If anyone has a M1088, would you mind measuring 11' from the back of the cab where the front tires of the RZR might be, down to the frame where the rear tires might be? And let me know where that point is on the frame? From what I read, I should have 36" from the hitch to the cab, in this case, the rear tire for the RZR. And 2...If I put a gooseneck hitch where I put it in the drawing, would I need any special reinforcing for a 20K GVWR trailer with a 3200 lb pin weight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks