• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Camper project

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Here are some pics of my M109. Just painted it and I am starting to work on my camper project. Enjoy!

Attachments

sgtrisk

Dang! Looks like a rolling hotel! Pretty cool!

I've been trying to figure how I'm going to mine. Your photos really help me visualize what I can do! Thanks!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I will try to get some more pics of the bunks. My girlfriend is going to kill me if I ask her to load more pics. She already thinks we all need help.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey we do need help a woman that loves trucks is one of the first things too. That and a good job to keep these things running and maintained. That looks great mine will look like it soon after I get home.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your ideas there! My M109 is going to be set up similar. Maybe we can all get together with our M109s for a camp out! Like the Air-steams and Winnebago guys do!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am going to put bunks in and a work/ kitchen table as well as a few cabinets like you have there. I would like it to sleep at least four so I am toying with the interior layout. I did like the one that was in the Utah thread

THEROAD

Where is the head???? Don't tell me the woods!! I was thinking of a couch that converts into a bunk arrangement. The back flips up into the top bunk. I have friends who use that idea in smaller boats. That way you have lots more room until you need the beds. I already have a dual bench seat/table from one of my boats. It also converts into a bed. I hope to pick-up my 109 in a couple of weeks from GL.
Thanks for the pics.

sgtrisk

I'm actually trying to figure how I can make mine a combination communications/CP van, with fold-down bunks and/or storage. They wouldn't be full-sized beds, though. More army cot width. But I'd still like to be able to put 4 people in it for sleeping. Any ideas on a fold down arrangement would be appreciated!

FrankUSMC

On the 2nd photo of the inside on the van body. Whats up with the can of pink paint???
I can my M109 "Low income housing"
One of the few. Frank USMC RET

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No pink paint! That is a old can with screws in it. OLD CHEV4x4 Yes I am looking for a stove - oven combo to go in the one cabinet. Yes that is a 72 4x4 chevy parts truck. My other 72 chevy pick up and blazer are both in the body shop.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow you are working fast on this one it was the funny color camo before. Are you looking for a camper stove that runs on LP? I think finding an old camper would be a good start for one

KaiserM109

I'm actually trying to figure how I can make mine a combination communications/CP van, with fold-down bunks and/or storage. …
It’s nice to see someone upgrading their M109.

I’ve gotten stalled because of $$ and the lack of a job, but I am planning to do a renovation on mine so that I can pull stuff out and have it completely open. What I am planning to do is pull off all the interior paneling and finding out where the hard points in the walls are and adding strength what I need it. I plan to imbed heavy duty shelf tracks and then repanel between them. Then I will build modules that will fit in the tracks and lock.