• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109

M35A2

I saw this add for a M109 for sale on Milweb, but i am wondering if the guy is right.

He says it's a Patriot missile support vehicle. Is this correct? I've never heard that they were used in this role. Here is the add.

Reo M109 Patriot Missile Support truck

Recent conversion to full camper with all facilities including shower, fridge, cooker, double bed. Built 1956, rebuilt 1988. MoT, tax free, multifuel, good condition, tyres, tech support manuals etc. £5,950

What do you guys think?

Opie

RE: Re: RE: M109

UK£ 5 950 = US$10,978.35

My question is the trade-off of price vs. unknown quality of the product. 1500 quid plus shipping for the rig in Philadelphia might be managable, but how will the MoT handle registration issue? A truck with a petrol engine and a sprag (sp?) rather than air shift front end may be a bit long in the tooth as well... The NC truck may be in better shape, but at that price the hassles of shipping and registration make your current option look pretty good.

There are a few companies in the UK that import former COMBLOC vehicles. Don't know if the recent vintages or prices are an issue. ( http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/ural4320d.html http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/Pragav3s/pragav3s.htm ) One company had a trailer that went behind the shop van that looked great for my "mother-in-law suite"... :D

Flatlander

RE: Re: RE: M109

The M35A2 I am about to acquire is from the 7th Air Defense Artillery, which I believe is the patriot missile group...BTW, I like the truck you bought recently! I read the post about the mushroom intake cap...Mine is also that shape...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks