• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m109a3 breaks lock up idling

Redfive0

I've Scanned through forms for awhile this morning. I could use a helpful point in the right direction. I have a 1966 m109a3 that when I run the the engine even at an idle for a few minutes the truck will apply its own breaks and lock up. this started occurring after we had paid someone to work on a truck clearly didn't know that much
about deuces. the wheel cylinders Was changed the shoes were changed and the master cylinder.

Any ideas where I should start?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they lock up without ever touching the brake pedal?

If so, I suspect your air-pack is leaking internally.

To test this, remove the plug from the back of the air cylinder portion of the air-pack, and hold a finger over it and see if air is building up. There should not be any air build up.

Another possibility is the master cylinder is not adjusted properly. This would more likely be the issue if you apply the brakes and they stay on but it could be the issue even if you do not apply the brakes.

Perhaps everything recently done, should be gone over and done again by the book(TM).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks